The industry is expected to see price increases across the board over the next few months.
Factors contributing to this change are as follows:
- Weakening value of the Pound against the Euro
The Pound has lost 7% against the Euro in recent weeks, a trend that is likely to continue.
- Increase in the global price of polysilicon
Anticipation of the Chinese anti-dumping case against polysilicon imports and the possible added tariff cost on import polysilicon will raise the overall price levels.
- Imposition of Duties in June on imports of panels from China, leading to a general increase in panel prices
Plans to issue a draft ruling in February on dumping and unfair subsidy allegations is likely to increase panel prices.
- Reduced output of major manufacturers
This reduced output has resulted in lower supply and higher demand.
- Increased demand in Japan, China and other Asian countries
This increased demand will further expected shortages.
Ecolution Products therefore encourage all customers to place their orders as soon as possible in order to guarantee prices.